In my daily menu, I have started making different types of healthy Salad. These Salads helps to reduce the body weight and also helps in the digestion process. It also helps in keeping oneself fit by avoiding unnecessary consumption of fried foods like chips and mixture along with lunch or dinner. We have been eating varieties of healthy Salad daily since 6 days and can easily feel the difference. I want to try my own recipes for the dressings by changing few ingredients in it. First day, I tried with Parsley as the main ingredient, I call it as Healthy Salad With Parsley Dressing, which I am posting now. It is said that instead of using coriander one can use Parsley. Everyone should consume Parsley on a daily basis. It helps a lot in improving health. Adding Lettuce gives more taste to the Salad. Its crunchiness makes chewing the Salad more enjoyable.
Here I have used few varieties of vegetables and fruits. You can add more vegetables like boiled, pealed & diced Potatoes, fruits like Pineapple. Do not use the green Capsicum, as it has slight spicy taste. Recipe of this Salad is very simple. Just chop the vegetables & fruits to small cube shaped pieces. Also chop the Lettuce and Parsley. Coming to the Dressing part of this Healthy Salad, gather all the below listed ingredients and mix it well with the whisk. Adding dressing 15 minutes before serving gives more freshness to the Salad. Always add the Bread Croutons in the last just before serving as it softens if added before. Well then, Prepare and enjoy the Parsley based rich salad in your daily menu. More posts on Salads will be posted in the coming days.
Healthy Salad with Parsley Dressing Ingredients:
- Chopped Iceberg Lettuce – 1 Cup
- Diced Yellow bell pepper – 1/4
- Cherry tomatoes – 4 or 5
- Cucumber – 1
- Carrot – 1/2
- Apple – 1/2
- Bread croutons – 1/4 Cup
Healthy Salad Dressing Ingredients:
- Olive Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Brewed Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Finely Chopped Parsley – 2 Tbsp
- Powdered Sugar or Honey – 1 Tbsp
- Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Marinating: 15 minutes
How to make Healthy Salad with Parsley Dressing:
1. Dice or chop the vegetables like Cucumber, Carrot, Yellow Bell-Pepper/Capsicum into cube size pieces, chop the Cherry Tomatoes into lengthwise & Apple into cube size pieces.
2. Transfer all the ingredients and also the Chopped Lettuce to a big mixing bowl & keep in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile prepare the Salad Dressing; take a medium sized bowl, pour Brewed Vinegar, Lemon Juice, Powdered Sugar or Honey, Pepper Powder & Salt. Give a stir using whisk once. Then add the Chopped Parsley, Olive Oil and mix everything once.
4. Remove the chopped vegetables & Fruits bowl from the refrigerator & mix it with the prepared Parsley dressing using 2 ladles. Marinate for 15 minutes. Finally add the homemade Bread Croutons & serve the Salad immediately.
1. Once the Salad is prepared do not keep it for more than an hour, as the vegetables & fruits will begin to leave its water once dressing is added to it. Keeping for more time will also change the colour of the fruits & vegetables.
2. You can prepare the dressing & bottle it in refrigerator for a week, but it will not be as fresh.
3. Few hard vegetables like Carrot can be parboiled & can be used if you feel hard while chewing & people who have complaints about digestion can follow this method.
4. Using Honey in Salad not only gives taste, but avoids Sugar consumption as well.