As it has become my daily routine to eat Healthy Salads, I need to prepare different varieties of dressings to it. Eating the same type of salads with same type of dressings may get boring, so I try making new varieties daily. Avocado has good percentage of Dietary Fiber, Potassium, Vitamin A and Vitamin C in it. So I thought of using this for dressing. I also included Mint which gives very good aroma to the salad. You can change the vegetables and fruits which you like. An Apple in a Salad gives more sweetish taste but good to consume Apple every day. I have not added Pineapple here, as its taste does not suit this particular dressing. You can avoid the Olives too.
Some people may not like the smell of Avocado but in this recipe, the Mint has upper hand which will subside the former one. I love to eat Avocado just adding powdered sugar to it or to have it in milkshake. You can prepare Avocado Paratha, Avocado Raita, Avocado delight and many more whose recipes are in this website itself. Making Avocado–Mint dressing is very easy. Just scoop the pulp from Avocado and discard the big seed. Whisk it properly to avoid lumps. It is better to add Honey as the Avocado does not have any taste of its own. Make sure you do the other procedures of this Salad first and at last cut the Avocado as it may change colour. So now you can make this Healthy Salad with Avocado-Mint Dressing effortlessly and relish its nutrients.
Healthy Salad with Avocado-Mint Dressing Ingredients:
- Lettuce – 1/2 Cup Chopped (Soaked in Salt water for 10 minutes and Chop)
- Carrot – 1/4
- Apple – 1
- Cucumber – 1
- Cherry or Pearl Tomatoes – 4 (If using normal ones, remove the seeds)
- Olives – 4 (Optional)
- Red or Yellow Bell Pepper – 1/4
Avocado-Mint Dressing Ingredients:
- Avocado Pulp – 1/2 Cup
- Mint Leaves – 10
- Pepper Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Honey – 2 tsp
- Olive Oil – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Chopping Vegetables – 15 minutes
Marinating Time: 15 minutes
How to Make Healthy Salad with Avocado-Mint Dressing:
1. Chop all the fruits and vegetables like Apple, Carrot, Cucumber, Tomatoes, Olives and Bell Peppers into squares. Transfer to a big bowl from which you are going to serve. If you are serving late, refrigerate it.
2. Chop the Mint Leaves and add to another bowl.
3. Scoop the Avocado Pulp by discarding the seed and mix it with the chopped mint leaves along with Pepper Powder, Honey, Olive Oil and Salt. Whisk it properly to avoid lumps. Now Avocado-Mint Dressing is ready.
4. Do remember to cut Avocado and prepare the Dressing just before 15 minutes of serving. If prepared before, Avocado’s colour changes and makes the salad unimpressive.
5. Add it immediately to the cut vegetables, fruits and marinate it.