People love to experiment, mix and match, as well explore continental dishes. Using bread and making delicacies has become common now. We have varieties of breakfast dishes in Indian cuisine. Some like to include bread for that purpose. Sandwiches are the best way of appetizing oneself with bread. Most of the Indians love spicy food. The spices give energy to our body. Thus we spice up our sandwich. I have recently posted Green Chutney recipe. This Green Chutney can be stored in refrigerator for 15 days. I have already some stored, which I am going to use now for this recipe. Hence I named it as Green Chutney Sandwich. This is a very simple yet tasty and easy Sandwich recipe. When you are in hurry and Green Chutney is in hand you can prepare this Sandwich. It is “the best” kid’s lunch box recipe.
Sandwich maker will be very useful for toasting and grilling Sandwiches. The grilled Sandwich is more crispy and attractive. If you don’t own a sandwich maker, you can prepare on tawa also. I explained in brief the tawa method of making Sandwich. Whenever you buy bread, just try this Green Chutney Sandwich with some grated cheese to fill it. You can prepare different variety of Sandwich using Green Chutney. Here I have used Amul Cheese which you can optionally change with Mozzarella. You can even use Cheese slices for kids. I prefer not to add more Cheese for elders, so use very little grated cheese to enhance the taste. For kids little more cheese will not be a problem. It will give good fat and calcium which helps in their growth. Children have the ability to burn fat as they are active more than elders. Daily usage of Cheese may cause obesity in Children. So give once a week. Now gather these 3 items from your stack and start preparing yummy Green Chutney Sandwich. Make lovely shapes and serve hot with your favorite Sauce or Ketchup.
Green Chutney Sandwich Ingredients:
- Whole Wheat / White / Sandwich Bread – 4 Slices
- Green Chutney – 4 tsp
- Cheese – Any variety
Time to Prepare: 10 minutes
How to Make Green Chutney Sandwich:
1. Prepare Green Chutney before you start the process. Look “Green Chutney Recipe”.
2. Meanwhile, take two Bread Slices. Spread the Green Chutney (1/2 tsp for each slices) on one part of each slice as shown in the picture.
3. Grate the Cheese directly on one bread slice and cover it with another. If you are using cheese slice, keep it on one slice and close it with other slice of Bread.
4. Preheat the Sandwich Maker for 2 minutes. Later, open the preheated Sandwich Maker, keep the prepared Bread slices and close the lid. Let this heat for 5 minutes or till the bread slices become golden in colour. Within that time the Cheese Melts and it sticks to the bread.
5. After it is perfectly done, remove to a plate. Cut the Green Chutney Sandwich with a sharp knife or with pizza cutter into desired shapes. Serve hot with Sauce or Ketchup.
1. Heat the tawa or iron skillet for 3 minutes or till it heats up. Simmer the flame. Follow the same instructions till step 3.
2. Keep the prepared Bread Slices on heated tawa, roast it on simmer flame. If necessary apply Ghee on both the sides. Roast till the Cheese melts thoroughly and the sandwich changes to golden colour.
3. Remove to a plate and cut it into desired shapes. Serve with Ketchup or with Sauce.