Learning is the process of growing knowledge and there is no end to it. So have I grown with knowing many things in the kitchen and my research gives you some of the most growth aiding food recipes. Everyone knows that wheat gives most of the daily required fibre and protein. So we used to make Godhi (wheat) Unde (laddu) on weekly basis to fill the snack boxes. Godhi Unde making is very simple. You may initially fail in making the round shape of the laddu. Never mind, you will learn eventually. Try making little quantity at first. If your laddus break, you can consume it in powdered form. But for shelving and serving purpose Unde(round) shape is necessary. So try again and I am sure next time you will get it.
Wheat Flour Laddu Ingredients :
- Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Sugar Powder – 1 cup
- Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
- Ghee / Clarified Butter – 5 tsp
- Cashew nuts – 7-8
- Raisins (Kishmish) – 10
How to Prepare:
- Heat Ghee in a pan. Once the Ghee melts, add Wheat flour, Cahew nuts and fry for 10 min in medium flame until the Wheat flour color changes to golden brown and starts giving you a pleasing aroma.
- Now add Sugar Powder and Cardamom powder to the pan and mix well for about a minute in medium flame.
- Remove from the flame and keep this mixture aside for just 5 min. Do not leave the mixture to become too cool. If it becomes cool, it is hard to hand prepare the round shaped Laddu.
- Take a spoon of this Laddu mixture in your palm and start preparing the round shaped Wheat Flour Laddus. Place a Raisin or two on the top of the Laddu while making it as shown in the image at the top.
- The Wheat Flour Laddu tastes great with taste similar to that of Besan Laddu. It is quite soft and hence Wheat Flour Laddu or Godhi Unde simply melts in your mouth.