There have been quite a few requests for posting Curry recipes. I prepare quite a few varieties of Curries regularly and they are usually quite simple to prepare and even beginners to cooking can handle them well. Best of all, curries like Cauliflower Peas Curry or Gobi Mutter Curry are usually well received and appeal easily to most.
I am a big fan and regular visitor of Sharmis Passion and try out many of the recipes posted there. I sourced the Gobi Mutter Curry recipe from Sharmilee’s blog and it came out really good. Recipe is quite simple and just reading the ingredients, one can guess the instructions. This one goes well with Chapati/Puri and I found it can accompany Rice too well. There is a nice aroma to the Curry, it’s not too spicy and does not have too much masala in it.Try out and let me know if you like it.
- Cauliflower or Gobi – 1 cup or 1 Small Sized Flower
- Green Peas – 1/4 cup
- Tomato (big-sized) – 1 pureed
- Onion – 1 Finely Chopped
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Dhaniya Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon – 1/2 inch piece
- Cloves – 1
- Fennel Seeds – 1 tsp or Fennel Powder
Time to Prepare: 30 min
How to Make Cauliflower Peas Curry :
- Cook Cauliflower florets in a bowl containing water and a little salt for 5-8 min. Then strain out the water and keep aside.
Cook Green Peas in a Microwave for 5 min or cook in a pressure cooker until you hear a single whistle.
- Heat Oil in frying pan, add the seasoning ingredients mentioned above one at a time. Then add finely chopped Onion and Turmeric Powder and saute until the Onion starts to look transparent. Then add Tomato Puree and cook for 2-3 min or until the raw smell of the Tomatoes disappears.
- At this stage, add all powders – Red Chilli Powder, Garam Masala Powder and Dhaniya Powder, Salt. Finally add Sugar, mix well, add a little water and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add the cooked Green Peas and Cauliflower or Gobi from Step 1, close the lid and cook for 5 minutes or until the gravy is mixed well with the Cauliflower florets and Green Peas.
Now the Gobi Mutter Curry Or Cauliflower Peas Curry is ready to serve. Serve the Curry with Roti, Chapati or Naan or rice.
- You may add chopped Tomatoes instead of making Puree out of it.
- You can replace Fennel Seeds with Fennel Powder. I used Fennel Seeds, but as per original Gobi Mutter Curry recipe from Sharmilee, you can use Fennel Seeds Powder.