Once in a while you need to pamper your taste buds with tangy, sweets and spices. Gobi Manchurian Balls are the right dish to serve this purpose. Use 3 different sauces and cauliflower florets with Ginger-Garlic, Green Chillies. Ajinomoto gives the extra-ordinary taste to the dish. This Gobi Manchurian Balls is best savoured when it is hot and temperature is cold outside.
Gobi Manchurian Balls has more ingredients, but easy to prepare. Just grate the Gobi and mix all other ingredients and prepare balls out of it and deep fry the Balls. Then temper the ingredients with little Oil, like Ginger, Garlic, Green chillies and other Sauces as listed below in the seasoning ingredients and fry all these for 2-3 minutes and add the fried Gobi balls for 3-4 minutes and serve with Tomato Ketchup or with Sauce. Here we are not using Onions and it is a dry version of Gobi balls.
We all liked this Gobi Manchurian Balls at home and my daughter loved it and not ready to share with anyone of my family members. I learnt this in my cooking class which was conducted by Vijayalakshmi Reddy in her Chinese dishes class. I need to try more of her recipes at home and surely will update in my website.
Gobi Manchurian Balls Ingredients:
- Gobi or Cauliflower – ½ kg
- Maida / All Purpose Flour– 2 Tbsp
- Corn Flour – 2 Tbsp
- Baking Powder or Baking Soda – ½ tsp
- Ajinomoto / China Salt – ½ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Bread Crumbs – 1 or 2 Tbsp as required
- Garlic – 10 flakes
- Green Chillies – 10-15
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Sugar – ½ tsp
- Tomato Sauce – 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar – 1 Tbsp
- Soya Sauce – 1 tsp
- Chilli Sauce – 1 Tbsp
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Oil to fry
Time to Prepare : 30-45 mins
How to Make Gobi Manchurian Balls :
- Grate Gobi on a grater; wash and soak it in salted warm water for 10 min. Then drain out the water of the grated Gobi/Cauliflower using cloth, until you remove the water content.
- In a vessel/bowl, mix grated Gobi, Maida, Corn flour, Baking Powder/Soda, Salt, Chilli Sauce, Ajinomoto, Bread crumbs and hand mix well. If needed add little milk or water.
- In a cup, mix Vinegar, Soya Sauce, Sugar, Tomato Sauce. If you are using Hot and Sweet Tomato Sauce, don’t use Sugar. Keep aside.
- Make small balls out of this dough and deep fry in oil until the ball turns slightly dark brown as shown in the image.
- In a pan take 2 Tbsp of oil, add grated or churned Ginger + Garlic + Green Chillies (About 2 Tbsp of this mixture) and fry for a min. Add all the mixed sauces from step 3 to the pan and cook for a min.
- Add fried Gobi balls to the mixture from Step 4. Saute well until the balls seem to absorb the sauce mixture well. Finally, add 1 Tbsp of water (for the sake of taste) and mix well.
Garnish with Spring Onions and Serve hot.