Growing children need four meals a day. Usually in evenings snacks are served. Each day a mother needs to prepare a new snack for her child keeping in mind the required legumes, vegetables and dairy products. Once such attractive and nutritive snack is Filled canapés. You can be creative and have variety of fillings with Filled Canapes – American Corn (as below), Kabuli Channa, Mixed Vegetables filling.
- Canapes – 10-15 (DIP Canapes)
- Butter – 2 Tbsp
- Capsicum chopped – 1
- American Corn – 1/2 cup
- Finely chopped Green Chillies – 2
- Pepper – 1/4 cup
- Chopped Coriander Leaves – 1/4 cup
- Oil to deep fry
Time to Prepare: 20 mins
How to Make Filled Canapes:
- Purchase the DIP Canapes or other Canapes of your choice from the market. My favorite is DIP Canapes available in retail stores.
- You can use the Canapees directly if you are health conscious. Else, deep fry the Canapes in Oil just like you would for normal papad. Deep frying Canapes helps obtain extra taste.
- Heat the butter in a pan. Add the chopped Green Chillies and fry for a min. Add Capsicum bits to this and fry until the Capsicum pieces turn soft.
Then add American Corn and fry for 2-3 min. Now add Salt and Pepper and cook till dry. Finally add Coriander leaves.
How to serve:
Keep the fried Canapes (Step 1) on a plate. Fill the fried Canapes with Capsicum-Corn filling(from Step 2). Serve immediately to avoid Canapes turning soft. One can have Filled Canapes as evening snacks.