There are a lot of reasons to opt for Eggless recipes. Some people do not bring home egg due to religious and cultural customary. Whereas, some people detest the smell of egg. Also we come across people who are allergic to egg consumption. Knowing that I have a cookery website, my friends and relatives often prod for eggless recipes. Even some of my esteemed readers have requested to post more of eggless recipes. Hence you can find many eggless recipes here in my website. Since we have few days for Christmas, I have folks searching for new recipes to experiment. These recipes will help all such enthusiastic people looking for eggless version of baked products.
Recently I have posted Eggless Short Bread Cookies. It has been quite some time I presented Muffin recipes. I prefer to bake Muffins than cakes, as it looks very attractive and easy to serve. There are different varieties of Muffins you can find in the shops. Remember each variety can be made at home in a more cleanser way. From children to old, all aged people will like to eat Muffins. Of course each one has their own priorities. My daughter Dhanya loves Muffins which has Choco-Chips in it. She doesn’t like Tutti Frutti, so I always prepare both not disappointing her. You can make Tutti Frutti at home itself. That recipe I will post in the coming days.
Recipe for Eggless Vanilla Choco Chips and Tutti Frutti Muffins is simple, as there is not much beating process here compared to Cakes. First time when I prepared, the muffins sunk a bit as I did not use the Baking Soda. Usually in Eggless version of Muffins or Cakes you need to add the Baking Soda to raise it properly. For Muffins, we can beat it using whisk only, no need to use electric beater, as little beating process is required. Since there is baking process, you require convection oven or an OTG. Time required for baking depends on the type of oven you have. I have explained the procedure suitable for both the machines. Keep ready the muffin moulds or paper cups separated and tidy before you start the recipe. This will help you to avoid huddle in your kitchen. If you do this methodically, I am sure you will get all the praises from your family for such delicious and beautiful Muffins.
Eggless Vanilla Choco Chips and Tutti Frutti Muffins Ingredients:
- All Purpose Flour or Maida – 1 1/2 Cups
- Corn Flour – 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Powdered Sugar – 1 Cup
- Baking Powder – 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Butter – 1/4 Cup
- Milk – 3/4 Cup
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Salt – Pinch
- Tutti Frutti – 2 Tbsp
- Chocolate chips – 2 Tbsp
- Chocolate Shavings – 1 tsp (Optional)
Time to Prepare: 15 minutes
Serves – 12 Muffins (Depends on your Muffin Mould or Paper Cups)
In OTG: 20 minutes for each tray.
In Convection 25 minutes (Depends on oven too)
How to Make Eggless Vanilla Choco Chips and Tutti Frutti Muffins:
1. Take a large bowl, put Butter and Powdered Sugar in it. Beat it with an electric beater or with the help of a whisk till it becomes light and fluffy.
2. Finger mix the dry ingredients like All Purpose Flour, Corn Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda and Salt. Sift these twice for evenly mixing of all the ingredients.
3. Mix Vanilla Essence in Milk. Add this Milk slowly to the Butter-Sugar cream 1/4 portion at a time and beat once.
4. Divide the flour into 4 parts. Add one part of the flour to the Butter-Sugar-Milk mixture and beat it well. Repeat this process till you finish with the Flour and Milk. Beat for 2 minutes. Do not over beat for the Muffins.
5. Divide the Muffin batter to half, if you want to prepare both Choco-Chips as well as Tutti Frutti Muffins.
6. To one half of the batter, add the Tutti Frutti by reserving few for toppings. In the same way do it for Choco-Chips Muffins with the other half of batter.
7. Meanwhile Pre-heat the oven at 200°C for 10 minutes. While preheating, line the muffin tray with Muffin moulds or paper cups.
8. Fill the Muffins cups with batter upto 3/4 cup and top it with Tutti Frutti or Choco-Chips accordingly.
9. Place the ready tray in oven and bake it for 20 minutes or till the tooth pick inserted comes out clean. Once done, transfer to wire rack and allow it to cool completely.
Baking in Convection Oven:
Preheat the Oven at 200°C for 10 minutes. Keep the filled Muffin tray on a high grill rack. Turn on to the Convection mode and set the temperature to 180°C. Bake the Muffins for 20 minutes till it slightly changes color and starts to break at the top. Check it by inserting the tooth pick; if it comes out clean remove the muffins from tray and keep on a wire rack to cool, if it sticks to the toothpick continue for 5 more minutes.
1. Store these Eggless Vanilla Choco Chips or Tutti Frutti Muffins for maximum 2 days.
2. You can add other dry fruits of your choice also.
3. Baking Soda plays an important role in raising the Muffins, so use this.
4. The Muffins will raise, so remember to fill the mould or cup up to 3/4 only.