The year is ending with wonderful memories to cherish. Few more days for the Christmas and I have already been invited to a number of parties and Potlucks for New Year. I want to carry 3 or 4 variety of cookies, homemade chocolates and cakes to the Potluck. Some Cookies and chocolates I have made ready and stacked for the same. Many of them are posted here in my website along with photos. I shall be adding some more shortly. Few days ago, I posted the Eggless Butter Cookies.
This is the second version of Eggless Butter Cookies using Baking Powder and Salt in it. Also the measurement is totally different compared to first version. These cookies are soft compared to first version as I used Baking Powder here. Since most of the procedure is similar to other cookies, I haven’t posted step wise photos. Kindly, once you go through the first version of Eggless Butter Cookies. If you are new to baking, you can try this method first since the usage of Baking powder allows the cookies to become crispy. Children will very much like these delicious and mouth watering Eggless Butter Cookies. The main key to get perfect Cookies is by practice. You should try to bake at least 3 or 4 times. By then you will come to know how your oven works and later attempt will give you perfect baked item.
Recipe is quite simple. One thing to keep in memory is that to use the exact measurement. Also while kneading the dough, add little Milk if you find it difficult to bind the flour and creamed butter. The cookie dough is should be tight. Prepare the balls and bake it in a preheated Oven. The duration of baking varies from oven to oven. Some OTGs work faster and most of the convection ovens need high temperature of heating compared to other ovens. Mine is Samsung Convection Oven and for this recipe it took exactly 22 minutes to bake. So depending on the type of oven you use, follow the steps given under. Bake this simple and tasty Eggless Butter Cookies in your kitchen. You can store it in air tight container for more than 15 days.
Eggless Butter Cookies Ingredients:
- All Purpose Flour or Maida – 3/4 Cup
- Unsalted Butter – 1/3 Cup at Room Temperature
- Powdered Sugar – 1/2 Cup
- Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1 Small Pinch
- Vanilla Essence Dry or Liquid – 1/2 tsp
- Milk – 1or 2 tsp to prepare dough (Optional)
Time to Prepare: 15 minutes
Baking Time for OTG – 15 to 17 minutes
Baking Time in Convection: 22 minutes
Serves – 13 to15 Cookies depending on how big balls you prepare
How to Make Eggless Butter Cookies:
1. Sieve Maida, Baking Powder and Salt twice to mix well. Keep it ready.
2. In a bowl, add Unsalted Butter, Powdered Sugar and Vanilla Essence. Beat all these 3 ingredients well using a whisk. Ensure the Sugar is dissolved properly in Butter before adding the Maida.
3. Now slowly add Maida mixture, one Tbsp at a time to the creamed Butter and mix well by hand till the entire quantity of Maida mixture is finished. Make the cookie dough little tight. If you are finding it difficult to prepare the dough add a tsp of Milk to it and mix.
4. Preheat the Oven (OTG) for 10 minutes at 180 degree C. For Convection Oven, keep the lower rack in it and preheat the oven at 200 degree C for 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile prepare equal size balls out of cookie dough and arrange on a cookie tray. If you are baking in OTG, grease the cookie tray or line with butter sheet or parchment paper and arrange the prepared balls with proper gap in between.
Baking in OTG:
Heat both the rods and keep the prepared Cookie tray in the middle rack. Bake it in the preheated oven for about 15 to17 minutes with the same temperature (i.e., 180 degree C) or till it becomes slight golden in colour.
Baking in Convection Oven:
a. Change to Convection mode and reduce the temperature to 180 degree C. Keep the prepared tray on the lower rack and bake the cookies in preheated oven for about 20 to 22 minutes. It takes exactly 22 minutes in Samsung Convection Oven. In LG Convection Oven it may take 20 minutes to bake the cookies.
6. Slowly remove the cookies from the tray and transfer them on a wire rack to cool. It will be chewy when it is hot or warm and becomes crispy once cooled.
I have not given the step wise picture to this post, refer my Butter Cookies post for the detailed recipe.