While my earlier Fruit Salad Recipe involved boiled Milk (or you could use Custard Powder), I thought of posting a more simple, quick and easy Fruit Salad recipe here. All you need to do is to cut a mixture of Fruits, add Honey or Sugar and spice it up a little with Pepper powder or Chat Masala for extra taste and your Fruit Salad is ready to serve. This is a nice way to force Fruits into your system for better health and energy.
Apart from the fruits mentioned, you can add more fruits like Grapes, Strawberries, Pomegranate, Orange etc.
Fruit Salad Ingredients:
- Apple – 1
- Pear – 1
- Banana – 3-4
- Watermelon pieces – 1 cup
- Chat Masala – 1 tsp (optional)
- Pepper Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Sugar Powder or Honey – 2 tsp (optional)
Time to Prepare : 15 min
How to Make:
1. Peel the outer covering of the Apple and Banana. Cut them into small pieces.
2. Wash and cut the Pear into small pieces. If you want to prevent cut fruits like Pears, Banana and Apple from changing their color, sprinkle a tsp of Sugar powder to the cut fruits immediately after cutting them. This helps to retain the look of freshly cut fruits.
3. In a mixing bowl, add all the cut fruits like Apple, Pears, Banana and Watermelon. Now add Chat Masala, Pepper Powder, Sugar or Honey and mix well with the help of a spatula or spoon.
4. Keep the fruit bowl in refrigerator and allow to chill for 1-2 hr.
Now my version of an simple and easy Fruit Salad is ready. Serve chilled.