Corn Pulao/Pulav tastes great and easy to prepare requiring fewer vegetables. You can prepare Corn Pulao/Pulav for lunch or as a breakfast dish as well.
- Rice – 1 cup
- American Corn – 2 cups
- Onion – 1 big sized
- Pulao/Pulav leaves or Tej Patta or Bay Leaves – 1 big sized
- Oil + Ghee – 2 Tbsp
- Cloves – 1
- Dalchini / Cinnamon – 1/4 inch
- Tomato – 1 small sized
- Cashew Nuts – 7-8
- Coriander Leaves – 1/2 cup
- Ginger – 1/2 inch length
- Green Chillies – 2
- Garlic cloves – 2
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Cloves or Lavang – 2
- Cinnamon or Dalchini – 1/4 inch
How to Prepare:
1) Wash Rice with water. Pour out the water completely – rice should stay as dry as possible. Wash American Corn once with water.
Chop the Onions lengthwise. Keep aside.
Crush or pound Cinnamon or Dalchini; have it ready.
2) Transfer all the Pulav Paste ingredients listed above to a mixer jar. Grind well (without adding water) in the mixer grinder to obtain smooth paste. Keep aside.
3) Heat Oil in a cooker container. Add Onion and fry until the Onions look slightly transparent. Now add crushed Dalchini powder, Pulao Leaves and fry for a min.
4) Add ground paste and fry in the cooker container with above ingredients till the water content disappears.
5) Add washed Rice from step 1 and fry until the Rice turns a bit thick. Now add 2 cups of water to the cooker and stir for a min. Add Corn and Salt and close the pressure cooker lid and allow the contents to cook.
6) When you hear the 3 cooker whistles, switch to low flame and continue to heat for about 2 minutes. Then switch off the flame and allow the pressure of the cooker to ease.
Now Corn Pulao/Pulav is ready to serve.
I took Corn Pulao/Pulav recipe from my cousin Vasudha. It really tastes good.