Pudina or the mint has a special flavour which after savouring gives cool feeling to the tongue. It also contains essential oils which is helpful in stomach aches and chest pain.
I tried this Coconut – Pudina or Mint Leaves Chutney as a side dish with Avocado or Butter fruit Paratha. It tastes great with this. We can use this Chutney with regular Dosa, Idly or Paddu or Paniyaram. The blending of Coconut and Mint gives a good aroma and taste to the Chutney.
Always use the fresh grated Coconut and Pudina. I usually use Coconut Oil for the seasoning. Preparation is very simple, just grind the below listed ingredients in a mixer grinder to chutney consistency and add the seasoned ingredients to it.
Coconut – Pudina [Mint] Leaves Chutney Ingredients:
- Grated Coconut – 1 and 1/4 Cup
- Mint Leaves or Pudina – 1/2 Cup
- Green Chillies – 2 Medium sized
- Tamarind Paste or Pulp – 1/2 tsp
- Coconut Oil or Sunflower Oil – 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Urad Dal / White Lentils – 1/4 tsp
- Curry Leaves – 4 to 5
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
How to Make Coconut Mint Chutney :
1. Put the Grated Coconut, Mint Leaves, Green Chillies, Salt, Tamarind in a mixer jar and grind to Chutney consistency.
2. Adjust the consistency by adding little water to the Coconut Pudina Chutney and transfer to a bowl.
3. Heat Oil in a small frying pan, add Mustard Seeds. As they splutter add Urad Dal. Fry till they changes colour to golden brown. Now add Curry Leaves and switch off the flame.
4. Add this seasoning to the above prepared Coconut – Pudina Leaves Chutney and mix well.