Here is another type of Chutney using Ginger and Coriander Leaves with Coconut. The same method is followed here as explained in the Coconut Chutney. This Chutney gives more taste and flavour of Ginger and Coriander Leaves. Using Ginger in Chutney helps relieving the gastric problems.One can have this with Dosa, Idly and also with Paniyaram or Akki Rotti. I like the color of this chutney and also the flavour of Coriander Leaves.
Coconut-Ginger-Coriander Leaves Chutney Ingredients:
- Grated Coconut – 1 and 1/4 Cup
- Green Chillies – 2 Medium sized
- Tamarind Paste – 1 tsp or Tamarind – 1 inch small piece
- Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2 Tbsp
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Coconut Oil or Sunflower Oil – 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Urad Dal / White Lentils – 1/4 tsp
- Curry Leaves – 4-5
Preparation Time : 10 min
How to Make Coconut-Ginger-Coriander Leaves Chutney:
- Add Grated Coconut, Green Chillies, Tamarind Paste or piece, Ginger, Chopped Coriander Leaves and Salt in a mixer jar.
- Grind with little water to a smooth paste. Adjust the water if needed. Transfer the Chutney to a bowl.
- Heat Oil in a frying pan, add mustard Seeds. Once the seeds splutter add Urad Dal. Fry until it turns to golden in color. Finally add Curry Leaves and switch off the flame.
- Now add the above seasoning to the chutney and mix well.
- Curry Leaves is optional in Seasoning.
- Hing can be added while seasoning to enhance the aroma.