To my esteemed blog readers’ demand, I am posting more varieties of Chutney. Here is one type of Chutney recipe whose taste is different and goes well with Idly and Dosa. I made this Coconut – Garlic Chutney as sides for Rava Idli. The combination of these two is really good. As we are adding Garlic for just the aroma sake, do not use more Garlic pods in the chutney. The Groundnuts in the Chutney blends well with Garlic and Coconut. It also gives a different taste in this Chutney. Preparation of this Chutney is very simple, same as we do it in the other Chutney recipes. Grind all the listed below ingredients to Chutney consistency and add the seasoning. Enjoy the simple, but very tasty Coconut – Garlic Chutney with your favourite breakfast recipe.
Coconut Garlic Chutney Ingredients:
- Grated Coconut – 1 and 1/4 Cup
- Green Chillies – 2 Medium sized
- Tamarind Paste – 1 tsp or Tamarind – 1 inch small piece
- Garlic Pods – 1or 2
- Roasted Bengal Gram – 1 tsp
- Groundnuts – 1 tsp
- Coconut Oil or Sunflower Oil – 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Urad Dal / White Lentils – 1/4 tsp
- Curry Leaves – 4 to 5
Preparation Time: 10 min
How to Make Coconut Chutney using Garlic:
- Peel the thick skin of each garlic pods. Grate the Coconut.
- In a mixer jar, add grated Coconut, Green Chillies, Tamarind Paste, Garlic Pods, Roasted Bengal Gram, Groundnuts, Salt and little Water. Grind all these ingredients to a coarse paste and check the consistency.
- If the ground paste is in Chutney consistency, transfer it to a bowl. Else grind once more.
- Heat Oil in a small frying pan. As the oil heats up, add mustard seeds, once it splutters, add Urad dal and wait till it turns to golden in colour. Finally add Curry Leaves and when it shrinks a little, switch off the flame.
- Add this seasoned ingredients to the above Coconut-Garlic Chutney and mix well.
This Coconut-Garlic Chutney can be served with Set Dosa, Idli, Rava Idli, Rava Dosa etc.
- Do not add more Garlic Pods to the Chutney. It should only give good aroma to the Chutney. So if you use less it gives good taste.
- Garlic gives good taste to the Chutney, but if you dislike the garlic, skip it and prepare simple Chutney by adding above listed ingredients. Even that tastes good as we use Groundnuts in it.