It is a world known fact that Carrot is a rich vegetable containing abundant Vitamin A, β-carotene, Antioxidants and Minerals. Consumption of carrot daily thus helps to improve eye sight and digestive problems. Carrot can be used in Salads, Soups, Sambar, Sabjis, Paratas and Halwa. Every day in Indian Cuisine Sabji is a necessary dish to eat with Chapathi, Pulka, Roti or Naan. So I keep trying new combination of vegetables and spices to make different variety of sabji.
One such Invention is Carrot Sabji. Carrot Sabji is little spicy and sweet to taste. Preparation is very simple. Season the ingredients in Oil and stir fry the grated Carrot in it for few minutes with little water. Do not add more water, as the Carrot leaves water while frying. This Grated Carrot Sabji can be eaten with Chapati as well as plain rice. Now make this special carrot sabji by using the commonly available 10 ingredients.
Carrot Sabji Ingredients:
- Carrot – 5 Big size
- Grated Coconut – 1/4 Cup
- Green Chillies – 3
- Curry Leaves – 7 to 8
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin / Jeera Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Leaves
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
How to Make Carrot Sabji:
1. Clean and peel the Carrot with peeler. Grate it with the help of grater. Cut the Green Chillies into slits; keep aside.
2. Heat Oil in a pan, add Mustard Seeds, once it start to splutter add Cumin Seeds. As soon as the jeera turns to golden in colour, add the Curry Leaves.
3. At this stage, add split Green Chillies and fry for few second.
4. Then add grated Carrot, Turmeric Powder and little water. Close the pan with lid and cook it in low flame for 8 to 10 minutes.
5. Once cooked add salt and stir properly. Make sure that the water in the pan is evaporated completely. Now add the grated Coconut and mix everything once.
6. Switch off the flame and garnish with chopped Coriander Leaves.
Serve Carrot Sabji with Chapati or with plain rice.