Carrot Payasam or Kheer is an easy to prepare but uncommon dessert/pudding which provides health, nutrition while tasting great. Sure to make your guests or family happy.
Carrot Payasam Ingredients:
- Chopped Carrot – 4 cups
- Sugar – 3-4 Tbsp
- Milk – 1 and 1/2 cup
- Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cashew Nuts – 7-8
- Raisins (Kishmish) – 10
- Ghee / Clarified Butter – 1 tsp
How to Prepare:
1) Cook the chopped Carrot in 1/2 cup of water in a pressure cooker for 2-3 whistles or in Microwave oven for about 8 min.
2) Leave the cooked Carrot to cool for about 15-20 min. Once cooled, grind cooked Carrot in a mixer grinder to prepare a smooth paste.
3) In a frying pan, fry Cashew Nuts and Raisins in Ghee. Keep aside.
4) In a pan or in vessel, add Carrot paste and Milk and boil them for about 10-15 min. Add Sugar and stir until the Sugar dissolves.
Add Cardamom Powder and fried Cashew Nuts and Raisins (from Step 3) and stir for 2 min.
5) Remove from the flame and leave the Carrot Payasam or Kheer to become cool. Serve the Carrot Payasam or Kheer when it is cold.
You may keep the payasam/kheer in a refrigerator. Carrot Payasam gives great taste when chilled.