- Grated Carrot – 2 cups
- Moong Dal / Mung Bean – 1/4 cup
- Chopped Coriander Leaves / Cilantro
- Chopped Green Chilly – 2
- Lemon Juice – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
Seasoning / Tempering Ingredients:
- Coconut/Sunflower Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard – 1/2 tsp
- Urad Dal / White Lenthils – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilly – 1
- Curry Leaves – 5
Preparation Time : 10 min
How to Make Carrot Kosambari Salad
- Soak moong dal in water for an hour until it turns soft. Pour out the water and have the dal transferred to a vessel.
- Add grated Carrot, Lemon Juice, chopped Green Chillies, Coriander leaves and Salt and hand mix the combination.
Seasoning or Frying in Kadai:
- Heat sunflower or coconut oil in frying pan. Add mustard seeds.
- When mustard stops spluttering add urad dal, red chilli and curry leaves.
- Fry well till the urad dal turns golden brown.
- Add Oggarane to the salad combination prepared above. Mix well with spoon or hand.
This health-giving dish can be had with Chapati or on its own like any salad.
Note: You can also add grated coconut to the above combination.