Vegetables are building blocks of Human growth. They provide many vital nutrients such as Vitamins and Minerals. We make different Sabji, Curry and Sambar (Huli) using these vegetables. Capsicum or Bell pepper is one of my favourite vegetable. So I always try to do different variety of Curries using Capsicum. You can see many varieties of Capsicum Sabjis in my website under the Curries Category.
Each one is unique in its own way. Their taste is elegant. This time I thought of adding different masala to the curry. If you search on google, you get range of Capsicum curries, most of them are of lengthy process. Some people add Coconut to the curry. Since in our house Sambar is made using coconut, I try not to include it in other curries. But this time thought of doing Capsicum Curry using Coconut. End result was awesome. Once in a while we can prepare these types of Curries. My family ate it with Chapati and they loved it.
Colour of the Curry may vary depending on what type of Red Chilli Powder you use and also the Tomatoes. This recipe is also a simple one to do. The process includes neatly cutting Capsicum, Tomato and Onion as shown in the photo. Next step will be to grate and grind the coconut with other ingredients listed under the grinding ingredients. These two steps can be inter-changed according to your convenience. The on flame process is as simple as the first two steps. You need to do the seasoning, fry the chopped Onions and Tomatoes with few powders & Salt in the pan. After considerable frying, add the masala paste from the mixer jar, followed by some more frying. Finally add the Capsicum and cook till it is soft. Garnish with Coriander Leaves. See how quick your delicious Capsicum Curry is ready. Serve this with Chapati or Phulka.
Capsicum Masala Curry Ingredients:
- Capsicum or Bell Pepper – 1 or 2 (One Green and one Yellow Coloured)
- Tomato – 1 Big sized
- Onion – 1 Medium sized
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp (Optional)
- Coriander Leaves
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Grated Coconut – 1/3 Cup
- Green Chillies – 2
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Garlic Pearls – 2
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Jeera / Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves – 10
Time to Prepare: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 to 5
How to Make Capsicum Masala Curry:
1. In a mixer jar, add grated Coconut, Ginger, Garlic and Green Chillies. Add sufficient water and grind it to smooth paste.
2. Chop all the vegetables like, Onion, Tomato and Capsicum as in the image; keep aside.
3. Heat Oil in a pan; add Cumin Seeds. Once it splutters, add Curry Leaves.
4. Now add chopped Onions and Turmeric Powder. Sauté till the Onions become translucent.
5. Next add chopped Tomatoes and sauté till they are soft. Then add powders like Red Chilli Powder and Coriander Powder followed by Salt.
6. Mix all the powders well with the other ingredients in pan. Now add ground paste from step 1 and mix well using a ladle. Cook for few minutes.
7. Then add the chopped Capsicum pieces and a cup of water. Allow it cook till the Capsicum becomes soft.
8. Garnish with Coriander Leaves and mix well.
Serve hot with Chapati or Phulka.