Bread Upma recipe presented here is a bit different than a regular Bread Upma we prepare. Normal Bread Upma recipe is similar to that of Sooji upma, but here I will use Pav Bhaji Masala; which will give a different flavor and taste to the Upma. My suggestion is to use Wheat bread for this recipe as well. One can have Bread Upma for breakfast or as an evening snack. It tastes great when prepared fresh and when the Upma is hot.
Bread Upma Ingredients:
- Bread – 1 lb
- Ginger + Garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Green chillies – 6
- Haldi or Turmeric Powder– ½ tsp
- Cumin / Jeera Powder – ½ tsp
- Dry Mango Powder / Amchur Powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Pav Bhaji Masala Powder – 1 Tbsp
- Coriander leaves / Cilantro
- Onion – 1
- Oil – 4 Tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 1/2 tsp
Time to Prepare: 20 mins
How to Make Bread Upma :
- Cut the bread into small pieces, Keep aside. Chop the Green Chillies and Onion also.
- Heat Oil in a pan, add Chopped Onions, Ginger + Garlic paste, Green chillies and fry for a minute.
- Add Turmeric Powder, Jeera Powder, Amchur Powder, Pav Bhaji Masala, ¼ cup of water and Salt along with the Bread pieces and sauté in low flame for 5 min.
- Lastly add fresh Coriander leaves and Lemon Juice. Serve hot.