- Ladies Finger or Okra or Bhindi – 1/4 kg
- Ginger + Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Jeera / Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Dhaniya/Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Tomato – 1
- Onion – 1
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Curd – 2 Tbsp
- Fresh Cream – 1 Tbsp
- Coriander Leaves / Cilantro
Time to Make: 30 min
How to Prepare:
1. Cut the Bhindi/Okra into 2 inch pieces. Chop the Tomatoes and Onions into cube size pieces. Keep aside.
2. In a frying pan, add Bhindi/Okra pieces, pour Curd and fry well until the stickiness of the Bhindi/Okra disappears. Then add 1 Tbsp of Oil and fry the Bhindi until it turns soft. Transfer the fried Bhindi/Ladies Finger to a bowl.
3. In the same pan used for frying Bhindi/Okra, heat 1 Tbsp of Oil. Add Onions and fry for a minute. Then add Ginger+Garlic paste, chopped Tomatoes and cook for nearly about 3-4 min until Tomatoes turn soft.
4. At this stage, add all the dry powders – Turmeric Powder, Chilli Powder, Dhaniya/Coriander Powder and Garam Masala Powder to the pan. Ensure that these powders blend well with the ingredients in the pan by mixing the contents well for a min.
5. Now add fried Bhindi/Okra from Step 2. Add Salt and fry for 8-10 minutes by closing the lid of the pan.
6. Remove from the flame. Garnish with Fresh Cream and Coriander Leaves/Cilantro.
Okra Fry/Bhindi Fry/Bhindi Masala is now ready to serve with Chapati or Roti.