Most of us love to have the ever-popular Carrot Halwa. The preparation of Beetroot Halwa is quite similar to that of Carrot Halwa. While many of us have not heard about this Halwa, it actually tastes great and some like it better than Carrot Halwa. The whole preparation time is 30 min. The Halwa tastes great when refrigerated before serving.
Beetroot Halwa Ingredients:
- Grated Beetroot – 4 cups
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Milk Cream – 1 Tbsp (optional)
- Sugar – 1 and 1/4 cup
- Ghee – 1 Tbsp
- Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Raisins (Kishmish) – 10
- Cashew Nuts – 5-6
Preparation Time : 30 min
How To Make Beetroot Halwa :
1. Cook the grated Beetroot with milk in a pressure cooker until you hear about 2 whistles. Alternatively, you can also cook in microwave for 5 min.
2. In a small frying pan, pour Ghee and heat the same. Add Raisins and Cashew nuts. Fry them until they turn golden brown and keep aside.
3. In another pan, add cooked Beetroot, Sugar and Fresh Milk Cream and stir continuously. Let the Sugar dissolve; the whole mixture becomes watery. Continue to stir well until the water disappears.
4. Add Cardamom Powder and fried Cashew nuts and Raisins and stir once and remove from the flame.
Serve Halwa chilled or at normal temperature depending on your liking.