Band Gobi Chole is a Cabbage Channa based Sabji/Palya from Northern India which goes well with Chapathi and Poori. Band Gobi Chole can go well with cooked Rice too just like your favorite Palya or Poriyal.
- Cabbage – 1/2 Kg
- Kabuli Channa / Chickpeas – 1/2 cup
- Chopped Green Chillies – 2
- Chopped Ginger – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida or Hing – 2 pinch
- Cumin Seeds / Jeera – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 4 tsp
- Coriander leaves / Cilantro
How to Make:
Soak the Kabul Channa in warm water for 8 hrs.
Boil Channa in a pressure cooker until Kabul Channa turns soft.
Clean the Cabbage and chop them finely.
Heat the Oil in a pan; add Cumin seeds, Asafoetida, Green chillies, Ginger and fry them for a min.
Then add Cabbage, Kabul Channa, Turmeric powder, Salt, Red Chilli powder and mix well. Add water and close the lid of the pan and leave the Cabbage to cook.
Once the Cabbage is cooked, garnish with coriander leaves.
The Cabbage Channa Sabji is now ready to be served with Chapati, Poori or white Rice.