My passion for cooking urged me to join another baking class where they taught me to bake tarts and pies. There itself, I learnt this Baked Oreo Yogurt Tart. The day I brought a sample from the class, my little Dhanya tasted this and from then on she was forcing me to prepare it at home. Today I tried baking it and I could get a really good output. It was so tempting for me to wait till my daughter tasted it.
Baked Oreo Yogurt Tart is easy to make but the only time taking thing is to press the Oreo mixture in the muffin tray. Yogurt filling is very easy, just mix all the ingredients and keep it in a bowl before baking the plain tart first. While preparing the filling, you may fret as to how it becomes thick after baking. Do not worry, it will set once the baking process is over.
I have used Muffin tray here to make the tart moulds. With this below measurement you get only 6 moulds of tart, as you need to prepare thick base for it. Baking time is same in OTG and Convection oven. Only thing is I kept the Muffin tray on lower rack. If you find this Yogurt Filling is more quantity you can make milkshake by adding milk to it and adjusting the sweetness as per your taste. We ate it as it is and it was so smooth with all the curd and cream filled inside. It is better to finish eating the Oreo Yogurt tart when it is fresh, else it becomes soggy. Now you too try baking this and enjoy the simple, yet yummy Baked Oreo Yogurt Tart.
Baked Oreo Yogurt Tart Ingredients:
- Crushed Oreo – 150 grams and 50 grams or 1 big pack and 1 small pack of Oreo Biscuits with Cream
- Butter – 40 grams or 2 Tbsp + 1/2 Tbsp
Yogurt Filling Ingredients:
- Condensed Milk – 50 grams or 1/4 Cup
- Curd – 100 grams or 1/2 Cup
- Cream – 30 grams or 2 Tbsp
- Vanilla Essence – 2 tsp
Time to Prepare: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 to 5
How to Make Baked Oreo Yogurt Tart:
1. Pulse the crushed Oreo with Cream in a mixer grinder to smooth powder.
2. Take a bowl add powdered Oreo Biscuit and melt the Butter in a small pan.
3. Mix both powdered Oreo and Melted Butter. Mix properly. If it looks like crumble, you need to work out on it.
4. Take an aluminium Muffin tray or Tart moulds. Line the tart mould or Muffin tray with the mixed Oreo-Butter mixture as in the image. Just press the Oreo-Butter powder properly with your fingers. Press it little thick and cover the sides also. Freeze it till it is rock solid. Minimum half an hour to one hour is required for this process.
5. Meanwhile prepare Yogurt Filling. In another bowl mix all the ingredients listed under Yogurt Filling. Mix well with the help of a whisk and keep it ready.
6. Preheat the oven at 180 degree C for 10 minutes. Once preheating is done, take out the prepared Oreo Tart mould from freezer and directly keep it the in Oven. Bake it for 10 minutes.
7. Remove the baked Tart mould from the oven. Fill these baked Oreo Tarts with the filling; approximately 1 and 1/2 Tbsp per Tart Cups. Again keep it in oven for 8 minutes or till the filling becomes thick. If you touch the filling it should be thick like a paste, not watery. Below first image is before baking and second is after baking.
8. Remove the baking tray from the oven and allow it to cool completely. Once these Tart cools, just insert a knife slowly on one edge of the tart and push it. The Baked Oreo Yogurt Tart will come out clean from the mould.
Serve this Baked Oreo Yogurt Tart topped with Tuti-Fruiti or strawberry/Blueberry Crush.
1. The mixture of Oreo and Butter is always in powdered form. So do not panic that it is not coming like dough.
2. Always press the mixture thick so that it helps holding the filling and it will not break while removing the cups from moulds.
3. I prefer to use Muffins tray because it is easy to remove than the tart moulds, as the Oreo may powder while removing.
4. Do not add the filling soon after you remove the muffin tray from the freezer before baking it once. First the base should be baked to harden the tart. Then add the filling and again bake it. If you add filling before baking the tart it becomes soggy.