I love Capsicum dishes and when it is topped with Baby Corn pieces, ground Cashew Nuts with various spices added, the taste of the curry can only get better. Try this out and you will love it. Goes well with Roti/Naan/Kulcha or plain Chapati. If you are a little concerned with calories, try reducing the number of Cashew Nuts.
Thanks for my good friend Dr. Maheshwari for providing this recipe.
- Baby Corn – 10
- Capsicum – 2 Medium Sized
- Tomato – 1
- Onion – 2
- Ginger + Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Cashew Nuts – 10
- Cumin Seeds / Jeera – 1/2 tsp
- Chilli Powder – 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala or Kitchen King Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Fresh Cream / Top of the Milk – 2 tsp
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves / Kasuri Methi – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Leaves / Cilantro
- Oil – 3 tsp
Time to Prepare: 30 min
How to Make Baby Corn Capsicum Curry :
1. Wash and cut the Capsicum and Baby Corn lengthwise. Chop Onions and Tomato into medium sized cubes; keep aside.
2. Soak the Cashew Nuts in warm water for 15 minutes and grind them in a mixer grinder into smooth paste.
3. Heat Oil in a pan. Add Jeera / Cumin Seeds. Once Jeera seeds crackle/splutter, add chopped Onions and Turmeric and fry until the color of the Onions changes. Now add Ginger + Garlic Paste and fry for a minute.
4. Now add chopped Tomatoes and cook until they turn soft. At this stage, add all the other powders – Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder, Garam Masala or Kitchen King Masala, and fry for 2-3 minutes or until all the powders mix well with Onion and Tomato.
5. Add cut Capsicum from Step 1 and fry for 3 minutes. Next add cut Baby Corn too and pour 1/2 cup of water and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the Baby Corn is half boiled.
6. Now add Cashew Nut Paste from Step 2, Salt and crushed Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves) to the above mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the gravy turns a little thick.
The Baby Corn Capsicum Curry is almost ready. Garnish the curry with chopped Coriander Leaves / Cilantro.
Serve Baby Corn Capsicum Curry with Chapati or Roti/Kulcha/Naan.