Avocado was once an uncharted fruit here in India. Westernization, Food Revolution has brought new experimental ideas in Indian Chefs. So is with me. It started with Avocado Juice and Milkshake. I myself have given the recipe of Avocado Paratha, Milkshake and Dessert. Any of these is my favourite. Currently, I am going to guide you in making Avocado Raita. Avocado Raita is a very simple recipe. It is good to taste and healthy too.
As it is, Avocado is tasteless, but smells good. If you add the right ingredients to it, it always tastes great. This recipe is quite easy and you can make it in few minutes. I learnt this from my hubby’s aunt. Looks similar to Canadian Avocado Salsa or Salad with Indian dressing. So I tried at home, we all liked it. It is better to have these types of Raitas, Tambli and Juices in summer. They naturally keep you hydrated and happy.
- Avocado – 1
- Green Chilli paste – 1/4 tsp or finely chopped Green Chilli – 1
- Curd – 1/4 Cup
- Lemon Juice – 1/4 tsp (Optional)
- Warm Water – 1/4 Cup
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Urad Dal / White Lentils – 1/4 tsp
- Asefotida / Hing – Pinch
- Curry Leaves
Preparation Time: 5 to10 minutes
How to Make Avocado Raita:
1. Cut the Avocado into half and remove the seeds. Take out the pulp using a thin edged spoon and transfer to a bowl.
2. Add warm Water and chopped Green Chilli to the Avocado pulp bowl and hand mash it. Ensure that lumps are not there.
3. Then add Curd, Salt, Lemon Juice and mix well.
4. Seasoning Part: Heat Oil (I usually use Coconut Oil) in a pan, add Mustard Seeds, once it splutter, add Urad Dal, Hing, Curry leaves and switch off the flame.