I love to try out varieties of Curries by mixing multiple vegetables and this Aloo Methi Gobi Sabzi is one among them involving Potatoes/Aloo, Fenugreek/Methi leaves and Cauliflower/Gobi. When I searched on the net for a curry involving the three veggies, I found Sailu’s Kitchen’s Sukhi Sabzi, prepared using Fenugreek Leaves, Cauliflower and Peas as main ingredients. I altered the recipe a bit by adding Potatoes instead of Peas. Rest of the ingredients are pretty much same; but while Sukhi Sabzi is well, dry, the Aloo Methi Gobi Sabzi that I describe below is a gravy.
This Aloo Methi Gobi Sabzi is quite easy to make; except for the slight effort involved in cleaning the Fenugreek leaves and Cauliflower/Gobi. This curry goes well with Chapati, Roti or with plain Rice too. Try this out and have a sumptuous meal with the delicious curry.
Aloo Methi Gobi Sabzi Ingredients:
- Cauliflower Florets – 1 and 1/2 cups
- Onion – 1 finely Chopped
- Methi Leaves – 1/2 cup
- Potato – 1 cut into Cubes
- Grated Ginger – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Cumin Seeds or Jeera – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida or Hing – Big Pinch
Preparation Time : 20-30 min
How to Make Aloo Methi Gobi Sabzi :
- Clean and soak the Methi Leaves in salted water for 10 minutes. This helps to remove the dirt from the Fenugreek Leaves/Methi and also helps to remove the slight bitterness present in the Methi Leaves. Remove the leaves from water, chop them and keep aside.
- Cook the Cauliflower Florets in salted water for 5-7 minutes. Remove the florets from water and keep aside.
- Heat Oil in a pan, add Jeera/Cumin Seeds. Once the seeds splutter, add grated Ginger and Hing/Asafoetida and fry for a minute. Then add chopped Onion and Turmeric and cook until the Onion bits turn transparent.
- Now add the Coriander Powder, Red Chilli Powder and saute for a minute. Now add Potato and fry for 3 minutes. Then add Cauliflower Florets from Step 2 above and Methi Leaves from Step 1. Pour 1/2 cup of water and close the lid. Cook for 10 minutes in low flame. This helps to cook the Potatoes properly.
- Then add Garam Masala Powder, Salt and Sugar. Mix well intermittently, close the lid and cook for 10 more minutes. Next, open the lid and allow the contents to boil until the water content in the vessel evaporates to a small extent (let it not dry up).
Aloo Methi Gobi Sabzi is now ready to serve. Serve this with Chapati or Roti.